Jean's Reviews > Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing

Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss

Dec 10, 11

Read from November 07 to December 09, 2011

I really enjoyed Caroline Myss, a medical intuitive who can heal others by just knowing their name and location, in the way of Edgar Cayce. In Anatomy of the Spirit, she compares The Christian Sacraments, Hebrew Kaballah, and Hindu chakras to explain how we get ill from energy blockages, spiriutal laziness, or by having a lack of self respect due to not celebrating life's milestones. It was a very unique study, and she has ten thought provoking questions after each section so you can ponder what you may do to improve your life. She divides what she calls Sacred Truths into seven of them, because of the chakras, and it works with the sacraments. She had to jubble the qualities we need to develop in the Kabballah, but that didn't take away from what she had to say. It is a great book for self reflection, and makes a great case for living for today and not letting past injuries or angers fester and make you sick. The questions are all good ones, and she really lays out a good plan for having a healthy spiritual life. I highly recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anatomy of the Spirit.

11/20/2011 page 65
20.0% "This is a fascinating study of Carolyn Myss and the way she is a health intuitive. She uses chakras, the Kabballah, and the Christian Sacrements to heal people. It is a detailed review of how certain diseases come from blockages in different chakras."
12/05/2011 page 91
28.0% "There is a workbook and questions so you can figure out areas where your energy is blocked, and how to work on your issues. I "stalled" a bit to write about this one on Hubpages, so am not finished, but it's terrific!"