Sharne' Cherry's Reviews > One Leaf Rides the Wind

One Leaf Rides the Wind by Celeste Davidson Mannis

Nov 07, 2011

1.Counting
2.A young girl makes her way through a Japanese garden where she spots one leaf, two carved temple dogs, three miniature bonsai, and four startled birds. This book introduces readers to the secrets of a Japanese garden.
3.a. Illustrations
b. This book contains many wonderful,delicate illustrations that highlight humor throughout the text.Each element of the Japanese garden is presented in a calm, settle manner. The Haiku poems are also a major addition to the book. They introduce the younger reader to poetry. The poems all describe the objects and how they tie into the little girl who is counting throughout the book.
c. The illustration in which the Japanese girl is holding shoes is presented in a calming manner with the use of settle colors.
4.I would connect this book to curriculum by using it to introduce the Japanese culture to my younger students. I would point out the oil paintings and allow students to paint one for themselves.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Leaf Rides the Wind.