Melissa-The Book Addict's Reviews > Unraveling

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris

Apr 29, 13

bookshelves: 2012-debut, 2012-reads, paranormal-other, young-adult
Read from May 07 to 10, 2012

I'm not sure where I truly stand on this book, there were things I absolutely loved, and things that I really didn't like. I guess the best place to start is the beginning, and I'll start with what I loved.

This story doesn't take long to get going, right after we meet Janelle she dies. But there is a twist, she is brought back to life. From there we spend some time trying to get answers or how, and why and we meet Ben. I liked Ben, he wasn't stalker obsessed with Janelle, but he wasn't a jerk either. From there we dive deeper into our story which at its peeks had me dying for more. There isn't much I can say without spoiling something, so I will say this go read it and figure it out hehe. Janelle's relationship with Alex made me smile, true and genuine best friends. They always had each others backs. I also liked the relationship she had with her father, brother, and Struz. They were a family and they cared about each other.

There were a few things that bothered me though. Janelle spends time snooping through FBI files, and even stealing a few with out any major repercussions. I find that to be totally unbelievable! My only other complaint is that at times the pacing seemed to really slow down, it's not something that would make me abandon a book, but it just seemed to rev up and go, the hit a lull where nothing really happened.

Overall this was an original story, it had good characters that I could connect to, and it kept me entertained. I'm going to give this one 3.5 stars and I do recommend it to you guys!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unraveling.