Michael's Reviews > Saturn Apartments, Vol. 1

Saturn Apartments, Vol. 1 by Hisae Iwaoka

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: comics, manga, sci-fi-comics
Read from November 07 to 08, 2011

I am not one for the Manga. I love American comics and don't read a lot of the comics that are backwards, but I thought Saturn Apartments looked like a cool comic. The art was interesting, I would say normal manga style. The story was amazing. It was the type of story that could have been really boring and lame, but Hisae Iwaoka pulls it off amazingly. Her view of this future world is amazing. The way Mistu has to interact with everyone is great.

The premise of the manga is the world is now a natural reserve. No humans are allowed on it anymore. All the humans live hundreds of feet above the earth in a tube. This tube is made of glass and has different levels. The bottom levels are where the poor live. The middle levels have schools and the top levels are for the rich.

Mistu lives in the bottom levels. He is an orphan who lives in his own apartment. His neighbors look out for him as h has just graduated school. Now he's off to his first job as a window cleaner. Window cleaners clean the outside of the tube. It's a hard and dangerous job, but Mistu wants to do it. His father did it before him.

The story then moves through Mistu life as he works as a window cleaner and tries to find more out about his father and his death. I loved this manga. It has a lot of story and room for the characters to grow.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saturn Apartments, Vol. 1.