Wendy's Reviews > Defiant

Defiant by Pamela Clare

Nov 07, 2011

bookshelves: hot-highlanders, historical-fiction-romance, kindle, favorites
Read in July, 2012

WOW! Romantic, sexy, riveting and completely addictive read.

Connor McKinnon, is loving, loyal and protective of his loved ones. He's no saint and he constantly feels remorseful of the things that he has done, in order to survive the war. You can't help but love him. He's a gentleman and a strong sexy warrior to boot.

Lady Sarah Woodville is strong, compassionate and courageous and I admire her. She has endured a lot in such a short time and she evolves into more a mature person for it. She finds her strength and peace in Connor and would love nothing more than just be just Sarah and not some high nobility, which is her life.

Loved the connection between the H/h, and the sheer love they share. Not to mention the secondary characters which make up the Rangers. This is beautifully written, wonderfully emotional and romantic that will certainly have your little heart fluttering.

A favorite quote:

Connor

Photobucket

Pamela is truly a wonderful story-teller and this book is just stellar. Loved it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defiant.

Quotes Wendy Liked

Pamela Clare
“Och, Sarah, how shall I call augh’ beautiful again unless it be the sight of you?”
Pamela Clare, Defiant

Pamela Clare
“You are new here, so I will explain. In this land, nobility comes not from one’s fathers or a title or from the land one owns, but from one’s actions.” His voice was hard-edged, and his words seemed harsh to her. “The MacKinnon brothers are the highest nobility to those who live on the frontier—true warriors, men who know how to fight and survive, men who put the lives of others before their own. Your family’s wealth, your title, your virtue—they mean nothing out here. They won’t fill your belly, and they won’t keep you alive. What matters most right now is your survival. (Joseph to Lady Sarah)”
Pamela Clare, Defiant

07/05/2012
20.0% "*dreamy sigh* So romantic! *stupid grin on face and fluttering eyelashes*" 2 comments
07/05/2012
59.0% "Connor, I'm besotted by you.

description"
04/09/2016 marked as: read

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wen, it was fabulous! Let me make a wild guess: you're lovin' it too. :-)

Wendy OH yes, loving it Baba! Good guess, sweets. :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Wendy wrote: "OH yes, loving it Baba! Good guess, sweets. :)"

LOL

Hbeebti Cant wait to see what you think. I need to start this one soon.

Wendy Keep you posted Hbeebti! It's a good one. :)

Tami Pamela Clare is going to be doing a live reading from Defiant at The Wine Loft here in Denver, Colorado! Just confirmed with hubby that he is on solo kid duty and I'm going!

Wendy Ooo, you lucky thing Tami! LOL, good thing hubs is on kid duty.

I would have loved to have gone, if I didn't live halfway around the world. :)

Tami Wendy wrote: "Ooo, you lucky thing Tami! LOL, good thing hubs is on kid duty.

I would have loved to have gone, if I didn't live halfway around the world. :)"

I'll try to take pictures to share!

Wendy Yes please, take pictures Tami. That would be great!

Riverina Romantics Dayum!! Who the hell is that!! Do you know his name??

Wendy Jodie wrote: "Dayum!! Who the hell is that!! Do you know his name??"

I know isn't he beautiful Jodie?! I WISH I knew what his name was. *sigh*

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Oooh, yumm! I love your Connor. He's soooo how I imagined him to be.

Wendy UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Oooh, yumm! I love your Connor. He's soooo how I imagined him to be."

Thanks Dhes! I know that's how I picture him too. *high five*

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Woot! I am so not surprised that you loved it, Wen! Love the pic!!

message 15: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited Jul 09, 2012 02:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

✿Alyssa✿ Holy.
Crap.

Wendy... this picture... there are no words! Once I finish Defiant and post my review, I'm linking your review to mine, so that everyone can see exactly how I pictured Connor! *sigh* ...You did so good- this picture is PERFECT for him! =)

Wendy Baba wrote: "Woot! I am so not surprised that you loved it, Wen! Love the pic!!"

Thanks Baba! Oh Baba, how I ADORED this book! Love these McKinnon Brothers! :)

Wendy ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Holy.
Crap.

LOL, I have to agree this pic is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you think of it when you finish. Guaranteed you will love it too. :)

✿Alyssa✿ Wendy wrote: "♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Holy.
Crap.

I have about a hundred pages left Wendy, and I'm absolutely loving it! =) I knew Pamela Clare wouldn't disappoint me though! This series is simply amazing!

Wendy ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Wendy wrote: "♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "Holy.
Crap.

Pamela is amazing! Also you're right, this is fantastic series! Connor is definitely my fave of all the McKinnon Brothers. *sigh*

KatLynne Wonderful review Wendy and love that gorgeous picture! I have this one and hope to start it soon! Can hardly wait:)!

Wendy KatLynne wrote: "Wonderful review Wendy and love that gorgeous picture! I have this one and hope to start it soon! Can hardly wait:)!"

Thanks KatLynne! No doubt you will absolutely love this. Enjoy! :)

Kelly22 Superb review Wendy! I almost feel like reading it again :)

Kristen Fantastic review, my sweet Wendy. I love the pic of Connor. I almost read this book on the 8 hour flight home from Peru, but I was too tired to fully enjoy the story. I felt it best to wait until I could think properly before reading. Lol.

Wendy Kelly22 wrote: "Superb review Wendy! I almost feel like reading it again :)"

Thanks Kelly! It's a special one this one. :)

message 25: by Wendy (last edited Jul 18, 2012 04:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wendy Kristen wrote: "Fantastic review, my sweet Wendy. I love the pic of Connor. I almost read this book on the 8 hour flight home from Peru, but I was too tired to fully enjoy the story. I felt it best to wait until I..."

Thanks Kristen! So glad you're home and back with your boys. LOL, yes this is best when you can give it your full attention. Enjoy dearie, I'm sure you will. :)

message 26: by Jill (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jill That's a lovely review and *gulp* image, Wen!

Wendy Jill wrote: "That's a lovely review and *gulp* image, Wen!"

Thanks Jilly! I know he's gorgeous isn't he?!

Karla Wonderful review Wendy and beautiful picture! I just got done listening to this and it was amazing! I don't even know what book to read next...this one is still on my mind!

Wendy Karla wrote: "Wonderful review Wendy and beautiful picture! I just got done listening to this and it was amazing! I don't even know what book to read next...this one is still on my mind!"

Thanks Karla! I know the picture is something else isn't it? So glad you enjoyed it too! :)

message 30: by Lady Heather (last edited Oct 27, 2013 09:12AM) (new) - added it

Lady Heather Wonderful review Wendy!

... and your Connor
 photo veryattractive.jpg

Wendy Lady Heather wrote: "Wonderful review Wendy!

... and your Connor