Cecilia Robert's Reviews > Beg for Mercy

Beg for Mercy by Shannon Dermott

Nov 10, 11

bookshelves: r2r, paranormal
Read from November 07 to 10, 2011

This is one of those books if you start reading, make sure you have enough time to read it in one sitting. If it's possible. I didn't know how good this was, so I had a hard time putting it aside to do other stuff. I loved reading it.

Mercy is a half demon. She discovers how deadly her kiss is for the first time when she kisses her human best friend, Paul. And since then she keeps her distance to avoid hurting or kill anyone. One night at a party, with just a single kiss from one one of the boys from her school, the interest in her skyrockets. Suddenly she's attracting boys like moths to a flame. The description is so well done, I could just see their faces in my mind.

Mercy's character was well drawn out, and it was super-fun seeing the world through her eyes and the conflicts she was facing (on top of her being a teen). The other characters were also very well drawn out.The book is written in a style that is uniquely the author's. I liked the idea the author used of using Mercy's SAT words at the begining to every chapter, which made the book even more enjoyable for me

It does need some editing, but that did not stop me from enjoying this novel. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading good YA paranormal novel.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beg for Mercy.