Cialina (Muggle-Born)'s Reviews > To Catch an Heiress

To Catch an Heiress by Julia Quinn

Jan 12, 12

bookshelves: 2011, read-ebook, library
Read from November 07 to 09, 2011

Heroine: I loved Caroline. She’s witty and clever. I was so impressed by her actions in the first few chapters, and I knew immediately that I would like her character immensely.

Hero: Of course Blake has his flaws. He can’t quite let go of the guilt he feels for the death of his fiancee. Truly understandable, but after a while I just really wanted him to get over it already.

Supporting Cast: This book would be nothing without the supporting cast. Mrs. Mickle and Perriwick were not your stereotypical servants. They added so much humor to the story. And of course… there’s James, the Marquis of Riverdale. Charming and quite the matchmaker. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series when he is in the spotlight.

Plot: My only wish is that there was more spying and espionage! Truly.

Romance: I’m not a huge fan of instant attraction, but it worked out in this one. Though Caroline and Blake had an immediate attraction for one another, the progression of the romance was still slow. The tension built up between them for quite a long time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Catch an Heiress.