Lindsey's Reviews > Clockwork Princess

F_50x66
Aug 06, 12

bookshelves: to-read

***GUYS. PLEASE HELP.
I DON'T CARE WHO YOU VOTE FOR, BUT ON AUGUST 8TH, 2012, WILL AND JEM ARE GOING AGAINST EACH OTHER IN THE YA SISTERHOOD TOURNAMENT.
I KNOW, I KNOW, IT'S SO WRONG FOR THOSE BEST FRIENDS TO BE FIGHTING AGAIN.
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE GUY.
THEY BOTH DESERVE YOUR SUPPORT.

This book, to me, already seems likes it's going to break my heart x10 more than Clockwork Prince did (view spoiler) and I'm not sure I'll survive. It'll be a very bittersweet ending, that's for sure. But it's already implied that Tessa will lose both Jem and Will, seeing how she will live forever (her appearance in City of Glass) and they will both die eventually.
In Clockwork Angel, I found out immediately who would partake in the classic love-triangle. Tessa, Will, Jem. Both are incredible guys that Tessa would be so lucky to have. The only thing that was unusual was that I couldn't pick a side at first, when I usually have my choice made by chapter 2.
Jem is the steady flame; the delicate guy who reminds me much of glass or crystal figurines. Beautiful, fragile, but something that catches the light and the eye in a captivating way. I honestly do love Jem -he made me smile and laugh, and his story touched me. He seemed like a guy I would definitely befriend quickly in real life. I can see how Tessa could be drawn to him and would want to remain enveloped in his warmth and safety.
But, before you Team-Will people start going off on me, I will add this.
I LOVE WILL HERONDALE!!!
Will truly was the bright shinning star, drawing the attention like a supernova. Like a dying star, actually; for where his beauty was undeniable and he seemed harsh, inside something was dying just beneath the surface. It is for that reason that my heart goes out to Will. Keeping everyone whom he just could crush at arm's length (view spoiler) and living alone in a shell would be so hard. And in that way, he's just as brave as any of the best Shadowhunters. Man, those Herondales have the best family. But Will's love for Tessa truly twisted my heart and it pulled at me in a way Jace and Clary's never did. (I loved Jace, by the way, and I didn't mind Clary; but mainly, Jace was why I kept coming back.) In this book, I feel that just the romance (that's the both of them) kept me tide to this book. I felt closer to Tessa than to Clary, and I absolutely love Will.
So,yes, to answer the question, I am Team Will ;)
But regarding my previous statement that I couldn't decide, at the time, I couldn't. They both seemed equally amazing. But as Clockwork Prince developed, and I saw more of both of our Heroes, I felt more intrigued by Will. (view spoiler)
So, in conclusion, Sorry team Jem. I'll always care for him, but I'll be rooting for Will until the bitter end. Always and forever.

EDIT:

By the way, does any one else think that it's possible for (view spoiler) and Gabriel Lightwood will get married and etc. Is that why Alec looks the way he does???

EDIT PART 2:

“You are not really dying,” Will said, the oddest tone to his voice, “are you?"

Oh, Miss Clare, what have you done to my heart?!?! You can't be serious! If Will's talking to Jem, you honestly can't expect me to wait until March 19th, 2013 to find out what happens next.

EDIT PART 3:

OMG THAT COVER IS THE MOST GORGEOUS THING MY EYES HAVE EVER BEHOLDED.
Tessa looks so beautiful. I love all the detail you can see. Tessa's gray eyes, the clockwork angel necklace, the book, her height, her grace, the styles.
Cassandra Clare seriously has the best cover artists.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Princess.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

BlackroseBlackheart I don't get Team Will or Team Jem. It just kinda ruins the books, and diverts your attention from the main plot. But, in the end, I shall forever love Will :P

Truthic I'm with you. I love Jem too, but like Tessa, my love for WILL is different. I could never have lived the way Will has done for the last five years. And the way he sacrificed his own happiness in the end, for Jem, was so darn moving. For me, he really did shine through in this book, more so than Jem.

About the Lightwoods, do you remember when we were told in the book that if the Clave found out what kind of business Benedict was involved in, he'd be turned into a Forsaken, and his sons would be stripped of their Marks and be turned mundanes? I think that'll happen, but that they'll spare Gideon (for obvious reasons). I believe Gideon and Sophie are the ancestors of Alec and Isabelle. So far that makes sense to me, but we'll see in the next installment :)

Tina I think it's much too hard to choose sides because Jem and Will are both good in their own ways and are both suitable for Tessa in their own ways.

Jennifer Where does Tessa appear in City of Glass??? Maybe it's been a while, but I don't recall her being there.

message 5: by Lindsey (new) - added it

Lindsey Jennifer wrote: "Where does Tessa appear in City of Glass??? Maybe it's been a while, but I don't recall her being there."

In the epilogue Across the Sky in Stars: When Clary sees Magnus talking with a girl with a "cloud of pale brown hair" ...That's her.

Belinda You make a good point about Cecily and Gabriel marrying. I never thought of that.

message 7: by Tirzah (last edited Jan 15, 2012 01:18PM) (new) - added it

Tirzah I agree completely with everything you said. I didn't really like Will until I learned we learned more about him. Now he's my absolute favorite character. He deserves to be happy, and happy is with Tessa.

Missy Bailey I agree I am so terribly afraid she will end up with neither!

message 9: by Jewel (new) - added it

Jewel That would be classic if cecily ended up with gabriel! hahah now that would really make will mad

message 10: by Joie (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joie whoa! I never thought about the Cecily-Gabriel possibility! Interesting....

message 11: by David (new) - added it

David Anderson hey is it true that jace wayland is related2 will

Belinda Yup. Distantly, but still related.

TheOneAndOnlySam omg, i never even thought about why alec looks like will. omg, that would make so much sense if Cecily and Gabriel got married!! but then jace and alec and isabelle would be related distantly which makes sense!! i love ur books Cassie!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I just love Will. I mean, Jem is alright.... but Will is my favourite forever! :)
I cant' wait that long to read this book either! It is killing me everytime I see the little picture advertising it to come out..... I WANT IT NOW!

message 15: by Mei (new) - rated it 1 star

Mei "Clare seriously has the best cover artists"

Although I admit The Infernal Devices had pretty nice covers (they like found the most perfect guy for Jem ever... like he looks half asain but still can pull off light hair and victorian clothing!" but the Mortal Instruments are all really bad. I was kind of embarrassed to buy them... even the later ones which, because the series grew in popularity when they released, should have been better but weren't.

message 16: by Kk (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kk Herondale I had my mind made up in the prolog I'm team will all the way I just don't know what to do with out him I'm so diprest right and the city of lost souls cover Is good