Malbadeen's Reviews > InStyle: Secrets of Style: The Complete Guide to Dressing Your Best Every Day

InStyle by Lisa Arbetter

Sep 27, 07

bookshelves: nonfiction, confused-or-informed-my-sexuality
Recommended for: buisness women

"remember when you used to be a business woman"? asks Sarah
"remember when you used to go on shopping sprees at the drop of a hat" asks Megan
And now, as the dust gathers on this book and I sigh at my nearly empty chest of fall clothes, I too am feeling nostalgic for the business woman days (ok, not really but I'm feeling nostalgic for the business woman's income). And I gotta say I still love the book - the photographs of fashion trends come and gone and the icons that created them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read InStyle.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by DumDum (new)

DumDum Sometimes I wish I were a woman. I'd be so dressed. I haven't bought new clothes in a year and still people accuse me of being gay (okay, and other mannerisms) because I'm their idea of "well dressed" or "too dressed." Damn, it's hard to be me.

DumDum's dress tip: Too much pink, is too much. Think about it.

message 2: by Meg (new)

Meg i love that lisa warned you about the outfit before your mom gave it to you. so not only did you have to act like you loved it, but you also had to act like you were suprised. on second thought, i'm sure you were suprised because nothing could prepare a person for that thing-- it was incredible.