Emily R's Reviews > Sing Me to Sleep

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison

Nov 07, 11

Angela Morrison’s “Sing me to Sleep” is a novel filled with secrets and cliff hangers that

leave you with questions spinning in your head. The first piece of evidence is, “His hand rests on

his waist, covering the spot where the band- aid is.” (134), I wonder why every time Beth

brings up what the band- aid is on Derek’s waist he always says it’s a mosquito bite. I don’t

think mosquito bites last more than a week so I think he is embarrassed or doesn’t want to tell

her what it really is. Another quote is, “He starts to cough, takes another long drink of water,

and coughs again.” (135), The whole time Derek and Beth have been in Switzerland he

always coughs. Derek says it’s just a cold but it sounds much worse. Also, they have been in

Switzerland for two weeks and I don’t think colds last more than two weeks. The last quote I

found was, “While we’re watching, Derek sways and pitches forward.” (250), When I heard

this sentence everything that happened in Switzerland started coming together. (The cough and

the band- aid) But I want to know what is wrong with him and why he fainted. Also, I don’t see

how a cough and a band- are related but it all seems medical that they could connect in some

sort of way. “Sing me to Sleep” was a novel filled with secrets and cliff hangers that leave you

with questions spinning in your head.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sing Me to Sleep.

Olivia T that was a good review and you didnt give much away!! niice job!(;

Emily R haha thanks!