Giselle at Book Nerd Canada's Reviews > Everneath

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Jan 16, 15

bookshelves: from-publishers, own, 2012, unsolicited, arc-physical
Read from January 01 to 02, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I was very confused when reading this book. Maybe it had to do with the flashbacks? The story had very little plot and made the reader aware of very little details which I find completely annoying because it made it harder to read a book that way if you don't even know why the characters are doing the things they do.

The author could have expanded on the mythology of the entire book not throw it at the ending in a couple of pages. I also did not understand why Nikki and James liked each other in the first place. There was no real explanation to anything.

I'm a little disappointed because I thought this would be an amazing read. Hopefully in the next book there would be an actual plot? I know it's loosely based on the mythology myth but I just wished there was more substance.

QUOTES

“Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.”—Mrs. Stone (page 92)

“I didn't tell him I'd thought of him every day. That even when every other memory had faded, he never left.”—Nikki (page 145)
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.

01/02/2012 page 156
41.0% "I'm so confused as to what's going on here.."