Maggie's Reviews > Razor's Edge

Razor's Edge by Shannon K. Butcher

Nov 20, 11

Read from November 17 to 19, 2011

As we learned in first book "Living on the Edge" 20 years ago alot of children were used in the Threshold Project. Bella Bayne starts a Mercenary company called the Edge. Payton Bainbridge helped her with funds. He works with her and along side a lot of the people working for her. He and Sloane's father, plus a senator, were all involved in this Project. Some of those children, now adults work at the Edge.

Tanner O'Connell, just starting at the Edge, is assigned to watch out for Roxanne "Razor" Haught. After she more or less failed in the assignment she was working on, Bella tells her to show Tanner the ropes. She's been followed, plus she gets strange text from her best friend Jake Staite "burn everything". Last time she saw Jake, he told her he'd be working for some secret military unit. After coming face to face with guy following her and instead of burning Jake's stuff, she read the journal he sent her. It becomes a race to save Jake before its too late. He is being kept in some facility against his will. He is being giving all kinds of chemicals, being turned into a killer. His mind is being taken over. Jake fights against these people doing everything he can do to escape.
Tanner's older brother Reid, also works at the Edge. They just recently lost their father and youngest brother Brody. There is a lot of anger, guilt and grief between these two brothers. Roxanne is carrying a lot of wounds from her past. She will do anything to get Jake back. The chemistry, attraction between Tanner and Roxanne was spot on, I don't usually come out and say this but the character of Tanner, the way he was portrayed had me falling for him
All I will say at this stage is you really need to read this book, if you intend to follow this series, because they are I think going to be related to The Threshold Project. As can see from this book, it didn't end 20 years ago.

The surprising thing about this book, it didn't end as you could normally expect. I just hope Jake will be back. He to me was the main character, kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for him to be saved.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Razor's Edge.