Karen Bonilla's Reviews > Secrets to the Grave

Secrets to the Grave by Tami Hoag

Nov 07, 11

The premise of this book sounded fabulous and i couldn't wait to read it. A young, single mother is brutally murdered and her child is almost killed. The little girl manages to call 9-1-1 and gasp "daddy hurt my mother" but the story takes place before they had the ability to trace those calls and it takes two days before they are discovered. No one seems to know anything about the woman's past or the child's father. Then they discover that there is no record of the mother ever existing before she moved to that town and they race to discover all of the facts without the aid of modern law enforcement tools such as computers and DNA.
It could have made for a fascinating storyline. However, it really failed to live up to my expectations. As a matter of fact, some of the book bordered on ridiculous, in my opinion. For instance, you soon discover that the little girl calls any man that she meets, and even a few masculine looking females, Daddy. The worst part, for me, was that the motive for the murder and the mothers genuine background, seemed ridiculous and far fetched. They also had another crime committed relating to the first one with even less of a realistic motive. To make matters worse, I couldn't seem to care about the characters, with the exception of the little girl and another child who is portrayed. It's a sequel so, maybe if I had read the first one, i might have been more invested in the characters.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets to the Grave.