Carol's Reviews > What Came First

What Came First by Carol Snow

Nov 07, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, first-reads
Read from November 16 to 25, 2011

This is a great page turner. The author knows how to draw you into this story and not let you go. I found myself reading it during commericals of my favorite TV shows and skipping others so I could read this book.

Carol Snow, author of 'What Came first' keeps three storylines going with alternating chapters that sometimes intertwine. She knows how to make the characters seem real and how to make you care about them.

There are three main women characters, Laura, Vanessa and Wendy.

Laura is a sucessful laywer who lives with her son, Ian, some chickens and Maine Coone in Fullerton, California. She has given up on dating, not having that much success with it. So she had Ian via a donor. She is so pleased with Ian who she adores that she wants to have another and for that she needs to find the original donor.

Vanessa, a dental receptionist lives with Eric, who currently works at a chain store at the checkout. Vanessa has been waiting and waiting for Eric to propose. She wants to start a family. She lives in Redondo Beach and enjoys getting together with the other women workers at the office.

Wendy lives with her husband,Darren, and twins, Harrison and Sydney in North Scottsdale, Arizona in a cookie cutter neighborhood. Her children have been in the "terrible twos" since the day that they were born. She is hiding a secret from her husband is eats to calm herself down.

What ties these three women together? Why is there a baby chick in the stocking on the cover? Why do women want children?

I really enoyed this book and want to read more of Carol Snow.

I recommend this book to all women, with or without children. It is a great read.

Although I received this book as a giveaway from GoodReads, that in no way influenced the content of my review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Came First.

11/20/2011 page 16