E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn's Reviews > Masquerade

Masquerade by Cambria Hebert

Jul 03, 14

bookshelves: books-about-the-supernatural, books-reviwed
Read from November 17 to December 11, 2011

This book is off the chain!!!!

Review is yet to come, but I'll leave you with a visual aid.
This is my face right now and for most part of the story,,

[image error]

Yep,,I've lost my ability to think straight and the words just slip from my mind,,

Reviewed on 12/16/11

You know when people say that appearances don’t matter? That a person’s interior is what it counts? Well, it’s a really sweet thought and wee feel so good about ourselves thinking that people are good and that the interior beauty is what’s important.
Well, that’s great and all, but is a load of bull,,, appearances does matter and people, most of them anyway, are shallow and treat you as good as you look.
I know that I sound cold and like I have no faith in people, but in some of them, I really don’t. And if you think I’m lying just go ask Heven and she will tell you. Ok, she really won’t cose she is not real, but if she was she totally would.

Ok,, I’m babbling again so lets get to the review so you can see what am I talking about,, LoL,,,

The Plot - A pretty and very pop girl is living her happy and shiny life like the world is all right ,, guys are all over her and she is as oblivious to the things around her as every other cheerleader….

description

But then, oh, something horrible happens and she becomes, well, not the belle of the ball anymore, so she started to kind of shield her self from people

description

She is like,, “Oh, I’m a monster, nobody will ever like me no more," Well, that was until ,, someone appears and makes her feel like no one else ever did Before and he is as hot as hell and with a smile that will melt your heart,, LoL

You can say that I like that plot,, I like it very much LoL

The Characters - They are alive, they are aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!! LoL It’s a little Frankenstein of me, but this is sooooo true. I see them and I feel like I know them too. I love this feeling and the fact that When I’m talking to my friends I keep saying, Oh, is so like when Heven did that and so my friends look at me and say, Like who? And then I remember, Oh, she is not real. LoL, well, in my head she is, but you get the picture. LoL Lets talk about the ones I like the most shall we? Kim, when Heven talks about her I see a hurricane, strong, impulsive and that sometimes can damages in a big way, but she has her heart in the right place and she doesn’t mean to. It’s just her nature and she can’t help it. Cole, I still don’t know what’s up with him, maybe in the next book I’ll figure him out LoL. Heven is a little slow on me and seeing her going around the story was pretty much like watching a baby dear learning to stand on its own, adorable + scary and a little annoying some times but you can’t help the “ohhhhh,,,” that comes with it. Sam I love him. Yeah Heven, I’m not afraid of saying it. I love Sam. I can even sing it:

Loving you is easy
Cause you're beautiful (and super duper hot)
Making love with you (prrrrrr)
Is all I wanna to do
Loving you is more than
Just a dream comes true
Cause everything that I do (every single thing)
Is out of loving you

The Writing - I’ve said this already. Cambria is the bomb and her writing is enchanting. First person perspective and I get to see trough Sam’s eyes,, Cambria, your writing got me in Sam’s POV. I love being inside his head and I really wanted to be inside his heart. Oh, crap. I just got all fangirl over this review and I really didn’t want to. Dam Cambria, look what you did to me!!!!!!!

description

Considerations - First I would like to say thank you Cambria for letting me read this beautiful story even before its release. Thank you!!!!!! Is really a great book and the only reason that it took me so long to read it is my lack of time and the reason that it took me sooooo long to do my review is that I had so many things to say and all of them were ginormous spoilers so I had to redo it like 20 times before I got it right LoL.
Even though I really love this book, there’s still one thing that I didn’t care so much: high school and the blab bla bla about he said, she said. This is one of those occasions that I say: I’m too old for this shit.
I get that it’s part of the story and all, but I can’t help drag myself trough that part of the story. But I can say how much I love everything after that hell was over: A LOT!!! As I said before, I’m too old for this shit, LoL

description

Aside from this slow part that it was just slow cose of me and my terrible memories of high school (hummpf) the story is worth the pain,, really. We see Heven evolve into a powerful girl and ,,sorry, I can’t say it cose this is the best part of the book, to read and learn and see things with Heven and just like her, to be in the dark until the magic moment when light hit you and take your breath away. I think my heart just gave a jump just thinking about it. LoL

I recommend this book to everyone that believes in love and how it can change you in the most deep and meaningful way.
I tried to be profound and stuff, but I winded up babbling, as usual,, sorry LoL
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masquerade.

11/17/2011 page 1
0.28% "I'm starting it ,, breath, breath loooooog and deeeeep breathing ,,,"
11/19/2011
2.0% "to fear what you can not see is the worse, cose nothing is as fearful as what your own imagination come up with" 3 comments
11/19/2011
3.0% "where is McNamara when we need him for a nip tuck?" 4 comments
11/22/2011
8.0% "Naked and yet fully clothed,, that's a strange sensation,,"
11/26/2011
10.0% "Josh Turner’s party? OH MY GOSH!!! I"m sooooooo gonna go to that party!!!!,,, "Mooooom, where's my red dress? I need slut it up. I have a party to go to!" *-*"
11/26/2011
9.0% "This monster is such a creep"
11/28/2011
12.0% "Best friend going out with guy that her friend secretly likes,, that's sounds familiar to me.And I can say that is hell!!!! Oh, there is a mean girl too ,,, I can only imagine (hope) what happens to the mean cheerleader in this story LoL

description" 4 comments
11/28/2011
13.0% "Kim says: Hev, come to the squad, we need you.
Hev says: Oh, yah, cheerleading,, I'm sooooo excited.......not.

15.0% "Oh, Sam,, you make my knees wobble too

"
11/28/2011
16.0% "Chocolate and strawberry,, the most perfect and romantic combination in the world S2

description

I'm sooooo gonna make me some bubble tea this weekend *-*"
11/30/2011
18.0% "This was epic,,,my insides turned into smoosh and my knees are definetly wobbling LoL

11/30/2011
23.0% "Can't wait for the dance *-*

"
12/03/2011
46.0% "So much going on right now,,,Sam,, prrrrr,,, Monster ,, grrrrrr,,, Hev,,, you go girrrrrrl,,,, Cole,, not sure what to say,,,,, Kimber,, WTF,, get a grip girl,, ok,, I think that covers,, LoL"
12/06/2011
49.0% "TMI!!!! I'm freaking out men!!!! WTF? I want to kick that monster SOB on the babymaker!!! how ,, why,,,oh ,, I can't even ,,

12/07/2011
51.0% "“My time has run out.” OH MY GOSH,, the shit just hit the vent people,,,"
12/10/2011
100.0% "Holly Molly!!!!!"

Comments (showing 1-9)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Veronica Morfi hehe...I was thinking the same thing!

Heidi Perfect review! I love the pics and the lines about H.S. being Hell! So funny! I miss ya girl hurry up and get unbusy!

E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn Heidi wrote: "Perfect review! I love the pics and the lines about H.S. being Hell! So funny! I miss ya girl hurry up and get unbusy!"

Ohhhhhhhh,,, thanx,,,yep,, can't wait,,, I'm dying to read Hunger Games ,, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Heidi Yeah me too lets read it together soon!

Heidi Oh and I promse I will read Soul Screamers by the end of the month!

E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn I have all the audio books :) and I saw the movie trailer,, OH MY GOOOOSH,, I've got tears in my eyes,, really,, can't wait for this series,,
Soul Screamers,, really good :) and I can say,, I did not expect the turn that this book is taking ,, not at all LoL,,

Heidi A movie?

E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn Heidi wrote: "A movie?"

yep :)
Here is the link for the trailer

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Heidi Oh yeah I have seen that I thought you meant Soul Screamers as a movie.