Miranda Barnett's Reviews > Aboard the Unstoppable Aerostat Fenris

Aboard the Unstoppable Aerostat Fenris by Cameron Chapman

Nov 07, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: american-literature, children-young-adult, e-owned, romance, steampunk
Recommended for: Older children and pre-teens
Read on November 06, 2011 , read count: 1

Though I can really connect with the writing style of the author, who I believe has self-published this text, I was disappointed with the lack of depth in the plot (not to mention some holes that needed filling), in the personal growth of the characters as the reader tries to make a personal connection with them, and how abrupt the story ended. However, because I am sure I am not part of the target audience, having escaped from childhood long ago, I cannot fault the author too much on these points.

Steampunk is fast becoming one of my favorite genres, and I hope and wish that authors will begin to write more mature steampunk novels that have more substance to the characters. As it is, I am relegated to reading mostly young adult fiction, and that can get very old, very fast. So, if you're reading this, Ms. Chapman, perhaps a steampunk novel for those of us older than 25??

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aboard the Unstoppable Aerostat Fenris.