Melissa's Reviews > Born of Shadows

Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: read-owned, part-of-a-series
Read from November 06 to 09, 2011

"For Caillen Dagan, a defiant soldier of fortune, survival isn’t a right, it’s a brutal daily battle. Moving through the Ichidian universe like a wraith, his brushes with the law and death are legendary. But when an act of rare heroism reveals his hidden birthright, he’s forced into a world much more dangerous and cold-hearted than the bloody streets where he was raised- one of obscene wealth and lethal politics.

Ferocious and determined, Desideria Denaraii serves as an official bodyguard for her queen. Born of questionable genetics, she will do anything to prove herself..."

I believe this is my favorite book of the League books so far, The characters were great and the story really worked for me. A few of the other League books were a bit overboard for me in the amount of times they were in peril, escaped then back in trouble again. This book didn't have that going on with it.

Desideria was a little disappointing at times.... she was supposed to be from this awesome warrior race but it seemed like she was getting beat up and having to be helped out in a lot of the fights. I did like her "inner voices's" sense of humor!

Caillen I liked. But, I was annoyed with the amount of times his comebacks were sexual, went a little overboard with that.

Overall great book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born of Shadows.