Danielle's Reviews > Between the Sea and Sky

Between the Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore

Nov 06, 11

I am a big fan of Jaclyn Dolamore's previous book Magic Under Glass, so when I was approached to write a review how could I possibly say no? Then reading the summary it just intrigued me even more. Mermaids, magic and romance, plus just look at the beautiful cover! Over-all I'm so glad I had the opportunity to read Between the Sea and the Sky, it was a quick (only 240 pages) yet delightful read.

While reading, everything just flowed, from the writing to the characters and plot. I really enjoyed how Jaclyn weaved the story together it had an almost fairy-tale experience to it, which also comes from the age-less feel Between the Sea and Sky has. The magic and sweet romance only added to that feeling the novel radiated.

This creative story was more then just a mermaid falling in love with a human on shore, which is another reason that made me love it so much. The mermaid doesn't just come up to the shores of our beaches, she goes to a world where things like a 'winged race of people' exist. This added to the enchanted feel that Between the Sea and Sky had and I really, thoroughly enjoyed.

This is a book you're going to want to pick up, the enchanting magical and fairy-tale like feel of this story will have you falling in love as the characters do as you go on a journey. Anyone who enjoys fantasy or just fairy-tales, will fall in love with Between the Sea and the Sky just as I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between the Sea and Sky.