Miyong's Reviews > A Beautiful Dark

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

5198425
Suddenly, I have a craving for blond guys and blue eyes.

This is the second book/series I've read about angels, and although this one fared better than the first, I'm still not satisfied with A Beautiful Dark.

First of all, the lead girl did not please me. I don't know why, but she just annoyed me most of the time. Maybe because she liked to pity herself, or got mad easily.

As for Asher and Devin, I liked them both. Which is rare regarding Asher because I'm just so tired of bad guys who hide their good will to be seen as a complete jerk being the lead ones. Asher was not an exception, but he didn't annoy me as much. (Although, until about two-thirds of the book, I wasn't sure who exactly was the lead guy.) But, yes, I liked Devin a bit better than Asher because Asher somehow fell flat towards the end.

Also, the pacing was slow and detailed in the beginning, but in the end, almost everything was crammed in one chapter. The climax dropped so quickly, and it felt too hurried.

Despite my annoyance towards the girl, I'm reading the next book. Somehow, I can't accept the ending just yet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Dark.

01/29/2012