TJ's Reviews > Anna, Rachel & Charlet

Anna, Rachel & Charlet by Marti Talbott

If I were looking at this from a strictly professional point of view, this would not rate higher than a three star. But, I'm not, in spite of the many mildly annoying glitches that jumped out, I really liked these stories! So... here is what I should tell you:

Talbott's mechanics need work. Her use of the word "and" is applied so often it literally litters the pages and (hee, hee) a simple comma will do! Once she lands on a term, or name (in this instance "toerag", I don't even know what that means) she wrangles it into every possible mouthful. Variety really is the spice of life and desperately needs to be incorporated in writing fiction. Historically speaking.... well, we won't even go there, the rut is so deep.

Now, her is what I want to say:

This is the most fun I've had reading a book of short stories in a very long time. If one can overlook the flaws and just enjoy the ride, it's light highlander high-jinx that is clean, engaging and just plain fun to lose oneself in. Each story is long enough to engage and enthrall but short enough to read in between real life obligations, making it the perfect escape!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anna, Rachel & Charlet.