Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Masquerade

Masquerade by Cambria Hebert

Dec 15, 11

bookshelves: arc-book-read
Read from November 19 to 20, 2011

I absolutely adored Cambria's prequel to Masquerade, Before, (review can be found here: http://myguiltyobsession.blogspot.com... ) it left me in suspense over what would happen next and I just couldn't wait to find out all about Sam and the mystery of the Hate and Hope and even Heven, so I just knew I would really Masquerade and I wasn't wrong.

What I didn't know and wasn't expecting was just how much more I was going to fall in love with this series. And let me tell you, my expectations for this book were already high and yet, Cambria still managed to blow them out of the water with her beautiful writing, loveable characters, her creative and imaginative story line, the sweet forbidden romance and the mystery surrounding it all.

This book really is like no other. This series is like no other.

It is fun and so hard to put down. The characters feel real and you just completely fall in love with them. You get so caught up in the story that it is hard to put it down. In fact once I started it, I had to force myself to stop and do other things that needed to be done, like you know, eat and sleep.

I love that in this book we not only get Heven's point of view but also Sam's and then they mysterious names of Hate and Hope.

Heven is strong character that has been through so much already in her life, from being popular and beautiful to lonely and disfigured. She really is just lost trying to find her way in this new life that was created for her.

And then there is Sam. Sam stole my heart.

He is so wonderful. He is loving and devoted and strong and just wants to be good. He sees the best in Heven and is there for her no matter what. He constantly puts his life on the line for her and doesn't even think twice about it, in fact he would die for her.

He is the ultimate bad boy with a heart of pure gold.

There are so many twists and turns through this story that you can't help but be swept away with it. Cambris is a master at grabbing hold of your attention and refusing to let go. The world she created was captivating and I just was left wanting more and sad that it had ended.

I truly can not wait for the second book in the series and know that this will quickly become an all time favorite for anyone who tried it.

Cambria is a very talented writer that shows a lot of promise and I know that her writing will just keep getting better and better and I am so glad that I will be here reading it and watching her grow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masquerade.

11/20/2011 page 104
28.89% "This is awesome! So hard to put down!!"