Bookaholics's Reviews > Courting Darkness

Nov 06, 2011

Courting Darkness by Yasmine Galenorn
Paranormal Romance – Nov. 1st, 2011
4 stars

Camille D’Artigo is a half-elvish, half-human with an unusual family: her second sister Delilah is a shapeshifter, and the youngest Menolly a vampire. Camille also has three husbands: a Svartan (dark elf), a dragon, and a fox-spirit. Unfortunately, her dragon father-in-law, Hyto, is a sadistic and vicious person who holds a grudge against Camille. When Camille is kidnapped and tortured by Hyto, can her family save her in time?

This book is a complex read. I fear that my review will not do this story any justice since this book is the tenth book in the series, and I’ve never read the previous nine books! I actually have to read up the characters’ fact files on the author’s website! The did like the world the created and diversity of fascinating characters. I would especially like to read more about Delilah, the shapeshifter sister. However, I have to admit Camille is an extraordinary character. She gives off this big sister vibe and yet she’s vulnerable and openly admits to needing her three husbands’ support. The most admirable thing about this book is how the author dares to confront difficult issues. The torture that Camille goes through is a complete shocker!!

If you are a fan of this series, this latest installment is definitely a page-turner!

Reviewed by Pauline from the Bookaholics Romance Club
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Courting Darkness.