Bookaholics's Reviews > To Wed a Wild Lord

Nov 06, 11

To Wed a Wild Lord by Sabrina Jeffries
Historical Romance - November 22nd, 2011
5 Stars

To Wed a Wild Lord is the fourth novel in Sabrina Jeffries’s exciting and intriguing Hellions of Hallstead Hall series but can read stand alone. This series is all about the grandchildren of Lady Hetty Plumtree. She is fed up with her grandchildren being caught up in one scandal after another and gives them an ultimatum... They all need to marry within a year or she will cut the lot of them off completely! Each novel in this series is about one of the five grandchildren as they attempt to thwart their grandmother is her attempt to get them married off.

To Wed a Wild Lord is about Gabriel Sharpe. He is known throughout the ton as the Angel of Death due to his wild and reckless racing which resulted in his friend, Roger Waverly's death during a particular dangerous race. Gabriel decides rather than fight his grandmother he will fall in with her plans. Not only for his family but also to make amends to the woman who lost her brother while racing Gabriel. But Lady Virginia Waverly wants nothing to do with Gabriel Sharpe who she feels is responsible for her brothers death. Except for one thing, for him to accept her challenge to race her at the same course that her brother died so she can destroy his reputation by beating and humiliating.

I really found the story of Gabriel and Lady Virginia quite exciting and intriguing. They start off as adversaries due to the death of Virginia's brother and the part Gabriel played in his death. But with the charming Gabriel in intent on making amends to Virginia and determined to get her to see him as something other than the man responsible for her brother’s death the story gets more and more entertaining. I greatly enjoyed the interactions between the two characters. Despite their initial feelings about each other they grew to deeply care for one another. I especially liked how they must each deal with their feelings about Roger's death and their developing feelings for each other.
But not only are the characters fascinating. The mystery behind the death of the Sharpe’s parents also draws the reader in. I really enjoyed this part of the novel and find this whole storyline very intriguing and compelling and can't wait for the final novel in the series to discovery the truth about their parents deaths.

Overall, I greatly loved To Wed A Wild Lord and found it full of mystery and with great lovable characters. I highly recommend this novel to anyone who loves Regency romance with great charm. I think this series is one of the best I've ever read.

Reviewed by Mary from Bookaholics Book Club

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Wed a Wild Lord.