Kirsten Rodning's Reviews > Prophecy: Child of Earth

Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon

Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from November 06, 2011 to February 25, 2012

I think Elizabeth Haydon has created a wonderful world with mostly like-able characters (though at times Rhapsody herself leans into Mary Sue territory). The only real problem that I have with this series is that the books are too long. That's not to say that parts should be cut -- I just think that the series could have benefited by being divided into more volumes. Towards the end of the book I was trying to remember things that had happened at the beginning -- things that seemed like they happened ages ago in the series, that were not really directly connected to the events happening at the end of the book. I found myself thinking "oh, that happened in the previous volume" even when the events had been at the beginning of this volume. This is a nitpicky critique, I know, but it is the only negative thing I can comment about this series.

A warning to those who have not yet read this second volume, though: there is a lot more gushy romance in this book than in the previous one. Personally, I was not expecting that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prophecy.