Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books's Reviews > How Carrots Won the Trojan War: Curious (but True) Stories of Common Vegetables

How Carrots Won the Trojan War by Rebecca Rupp

Nov 27, 11

Read from November 06 to 27, 2011

While the book is written on an adult level, with a good amount of chemical information about vegetables, the stories in the book can be shared with children who will love hearing that the cabbage on their plate at dinner was so loved by Abraham Lincoln that he requested it for his inauguration dinner. Or, that Jack of jack-o-lantern fame was banned from both heaven and hell and condemned to wander the earth forever with his lantern, originally made from a turnip, not a pumpkin.
If you want a book that is fun to read, easy to pick up and read a chapter, then put down until you have time to read again, I recommend How Carrots Won the Trojan War to you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Carrots Won the Trojan War.

11/10/2011 "Finished Asparagus, on to Beans! Enjoying all of the trivia and information about vegetables we only think we know."
11/11/2011 "Beans down, next stop beets!"
11/11/2011 page 66
17.0% "Beets still taste like dirt. Next up: cabbage."
11/12/2011 page 84
22.0% "Many facts about cabbages, but the one I found most amazing is that sauerkraut is part of Thanksgiving dinner for many families, especially in Maryland. On to Carrots and the Trojan War."