Reading Teen's Reviews > Everfound

Everfound by Neal Shusterman

Nov 06, 2011

What an extraordinary imagination! What world-building ability!! This series is just absolutely fascinating!! By the time I was in the third book, I would find myself throwing around skinjacker lingo with my kids that if people overheard, they'd think I had lost my mind. Neal Shusterman did such a phenomenal job of slowly introducing new terminology, and "Everlost laws" that it became commonplace for me, and I was completely entrenched in Everlost.

I love how Neal is able to have so many different stories going on at one time, constantly switching viewpoints. He aligns everything so that something you think is insignificant comes back later to be something game-changing. All the characters in the skinjacker trilogy are so thoroughly fleshed out, and so creatively made. I'm just so impressed with his imagination.

With Skinjackers, adventure, a little romance, Reapers, plot twists and turns (and more twists and turns), Furjackers, a Scar Wraith, the Alamo, a Chocolate Ogre, the Hindenburg, and one really wack girl who wants to rule them all, this book is an amazing adventure that I was sad to see end, but really happy with the way it ended.

Andye
readingteen.net
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everfound.