Simon's Reviews > Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0: Origins

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0 by Randolph Lalonde

Nov 06, 2011

bookshelves: kindle-read

I am no experienced book reviewer and below probably shows that.

Origins - Review
The main character Jonas Valent is employed as a port traffic controller in a space station called Freeground, his only vice is his after work participation in simulations with his online friends. Soon their identities become known to the Freeground Fleet Command and their lives are changed forever.

The book consists of three parts, Freeground, Limbo and the last 50% of the book Starfree Port. The storytelling is done in a fast paced TV episode style with characters that are very believable even the misguided ones (no one thinks their evil). The plot while predictable in some places keeps to the type of structure you would expect. The background to the universe and the descriptions covering commonly used technology, while rich in detail. I found very believable in a Battlestar Galactica with star trek technology type of way.

I have to say that so far this is STILL the best free book I have read. The minute I opened the book up, seven hours disappeared and I was only half way thru. I had no problem buying the rest of series written by Randolph Lalonde and have no issues apart from one book in the series that I thought was too short.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0.