Kassiah's Reviews > Fracture

Fracture by Megan Miranda

Jan 28, 12

bookshelves: high-school, swoon-worthy-boys, ya, reviewed-fictionators-rec, pub-2012
Read on January 28, 2012

3-1/2 stars.

In case you don't already know what happens in this book, Delaney Maxwell miraculously wakes up after being in a coma for six days. She shouldn't be alive. At first, it seems that everything is okay with her, but then...stuff starts happening. I can't tell you what the feeling she gets means without giving away the story, but it's kinda creepy :)

Meanwhile, she's dealing with her feelings for best-friend-slash-boy-next-door, Decker, and the new guy, Troy, who seems to be the only person who truly understands what she's going through, not to mention that her already-cautious mother is pretty much beside herself with worry and making her life even more difficult.

I liked this book, and I think it would make a great movie. It had the right amount of swoon, horror, and drama in it to keep the viewer very interested. There were several parts that had my heart pounding, whether from the Decker-induced angst or the back-alley chase that takes place. I felt like I could identify with the characters, and found myself rooting for both Decker and Troy in different parts of the book.

What I didn't like was the end. Right up to the end, I couldn't put the book down. Then I got to the end and was left dumbfounded. I didn't feel any resolution at all. So, it was like a movie would be--all of this action, action, action then bam! It's over. And we're left to imagine what happened after that. (view spoiler) I also didn't like a lot of the choices Delaney made. For a girl who's supposed to be so smart, she sure could be pretty stupid.

Things I liked: Decker. most of the time. And sometimes I liked Troy. Why is it that I just like the boys usually? I also like the scene just before the end.

I think the storyline is brilliant, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from Megan Miranda. I love the way she writes, and I was swooning at some of the kisses (even if they were the wrong ones lol). I just wish that it had been wrapped up a little bit more, and that it seemed like what she went through meant something.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fracture.

01/28/2012 page 99
38.0% "Oh, Decker. How could you?!?" 2 comments
01/28/2012 page 138
53.0% ""I don't know if you're acting like this because you know I'm going to kiss you and you're nervous or you know I'm going to kiss you and you don't want me to.""
01/28/2012 page 212
81.0% ""Everyone but you." :sigh:"
01/28/2012 page 215
82.0% "God. I think I hate her."