Virginia Campbell's Reviews > Comfort Food Fix: Feel-Good Favorites Made Healthy

Comfort Food Fix by Ellie Krieger

Nov 06, 11

bookshelves: cookbooks, health, advice
Read in November, 2011

I love to cook and eat good food. I have a great interest in nutrition and a healthier lifestyle. I do not cook with artificial ingredients for the sake of saving calories and preparing a "lite" food. The recipes in "Comfort Food Fix", by Ellie Krieger, are comfort foods "made over" into healthier versions. However, they are made with real ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Real food! With a true understanding of the properties of each ingredient and the cooking techniques that make the most of every morsel, Ellie Krieger serves up scrumptious dishes for every meal--snacks too! The "15 Fix Factors" she uses to formulate these fabulous foods are common sense combined with cooking skill and a thorough knowledge of food usage and preparation. By keeping in mind when to use her three categories of ingredients, "Usually", "Sometimes", and "Rarely", you will learn a new way of eating and cooking that is painless and pleasurable. Check out these tempting treats: "Crispy French Toast Fingers with Blueberry Maple Sauce"; "Shrimp Spring Rolls with Apricot Ginger Dipping Sauce"; "Triple Onion French Onion Soup"; "New Classic Meat Loaf"; and my favorite, "Grandma's Chocolate Pudding". This a gorgeous book--beautifully photographed--and the food is definitely good enough to eat!

Review Copy Gratis Wiley Books
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Comfort Food Fix.