Erica's Reviews > Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt into Fuel for Brilliance

Uncertainty by Jonathan Fields

Nov 06, 11

bookshelves: couldnt-finish, ei, leadership, meh, non-fiction, unengaging
Read in November, 2011

I couldn't even make it to chapter two. I was originally intrigued by this book because there's so much uncertainty in everyone's lives and I thought, "I'd like to find a way to turn something so stressful into something positive." The first thing I noticed was there were no bibliographical resources, no references. When I see that, I often assume the writer is just sharing an opinion, something he's thought long and hard about and put to paper. While opinions are great, I'm not sure they should be foisted off as researched theories and methods. Maybe that's not what this books is supposed to be, maybe it is just opinion and maybe that's ok, but that's not what I'd wanted to read.
I had a difficult time with the writing; there were a few malapropisms and some wonky sentence structure. In some cases, I could not figure out what he was trying to get across. By the end of the first chapter, I felt that a lot of what I'd read was either common sense or general blathering and I was not motivated to read further.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Uncertainty.