Donna's Reviews > Mighty Spice Cookbook: Fast, Fresh and Vibrant Dishes Using No More Than 5 Spices for Each Recipe

Mighty Spice Cookbook by John Gregory-Smith

Nov 06, 2011

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011

This new cookbook by John Gregory-Smith will have you enjoying the aromas of dishes from around the world in no time. Most recipes are accompanied by a picture of the dish, and each has a legend of the spices needed and ideas of what other foods would go well with the dish. He promises to use no more than five spices and delivers on that promise. It is interesting to learn more about the twenty-five key spices he uses and have an exotic recipe to try out right away. A few spices covered are: lemongrass, star anise, tumeric, and ginger. There are over 100 recipes to excite and encourage just about anyone. Come wake up your palate with some new treats today!

I really like this cookbook and can't wait to get a hard-cover copy. Reading on my Nook just doesn't do justice to the pictures. Some of our favorite recipes are: "Pomegranate, Fennel, Orange, and Watercress Salad" pg. 22, "Chinese Tiger Salad" pg. 28, "Grilled Haddock, Apple, and Coriander Salad with a Lemongrass Dressing" pg. 45, and "Grilled Red Snapper with a Mexican Salsa Verde and Corn Salad" pg. 151. I recommend this cookbook to anyone looking to add some adventure to their cooking. I received my review copy from NetGalley, and thank them for the opportunity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mighty Spice Cookbook.