Kelly Herta's Reviews > It's Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex, and Sexual Health

It's Perfectly Normal by Robie H. Harris

Nov 06, 11

Read in November, 2011

This book provides a treasure trove of information about being an adolescent. It talks about their changing bodies and growing up in general. It goes into detail about sex, sexual relationships, families, and healthy habits. There are two cartoon figures that are seen throughout the books, a bird, who is not interested in discussing anything about puberty, and a bird who wants to know as much as possible. Their interactions are pretty funny. There are color drawings throughout the book; many of them are pretty graphic. The author and artist have done a very good job explaining just about everything a teenager would want to know about.

I liked the book. It was easy to read and the pictures were well drawn. I do not think some of the drawings should have been included, like the ones of people having sex (p.14 and p.56). I would have cut them out if I had purchased this book for my sons. There needs to be something left to the imagination of a ten year old, which it says this book is for. Everything else in the book is very informative and I liked how they addressed sexual abuse and internet safety.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Perfectly Normal.