Jacqueline's Reviews > Changeling Dream

Changeling Dream by Dani Harper

Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: werewolves-shifters, widow-widower, available-for-kindle-loan, kindle-reads
Recommended for: Eloisa James blog
Read from December 16 to 17, 2011

Well written story of a wolf shifter who lived as a wolf for 30 years after his wife was murdered. I liked it. It felt pretty different from most shifter stories out there. There wasn't a lot of posturing and badassness. There wasn't any fighting vampires or fae creatures which aspect I liked. The thing that kept it from getting more stars is that the hero and the heroine did not spend much time together. There was a lot of him staying away from her for her own good. Also the heroine eventually finds out from others that he is a werewolf instead of from the hero. As I've said many times before grand revelations that affect the relationship between the hero and the heroine should always be reveal between the hero and the heroine. It's just stronger story telling thaty way with greater emotional impact. I think that the story overall had great potential for more emotion but the characters were not together enough. That being said I did enjoy it and will probably read all the others in the series.

And another thing. What is up with the girl on the cover? I keep looking and her anatomy doesn't seem to make any sense at all. Does she have breasts? What is that lighted streak below her neck?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeling Dream.