Alex is The Romance Fox's Reviews > Chesapeake Blue

Chesapeake Blue by Nora Roberts

May 10, 13

bookshelves: nora-roberts, authors-p-z, lendable, romance, series
Read in May, 2013, read count: 1

I am so happy that I was able to read Seth Quinn’s story.

From the time I first meet him in Sea Swept (1st book in the Quinn Brothers Saga), I fell in love with the lonely, distrustful abused grandson of Ray Quinn, the amazing man, who with his now dead wife, Stella, had adopted Cam, Ethan and Phillip as broken children and with love and care enabling them to become strong and good men.

Despite the emotional damage in his childhood, with the love and support from his brothers has grown into a fine man. Travelling all over the world, he has become a successful and famous painter but he decides to return home to his family, who welcome him into their arms.

Seth...[image error]is all grown up!!
He has decided to make his home permanently in St. Chris but there are things from his past that have come back to haunt him and that could possibly harm his family.
Seth........... photo images20_zpse172faed.jpghas come back home!!!!
His charm and looks have always drawn women to him but he has never been so fascinated by any of them like he’s by Drusilla Whitcomb Banks, the owner of the local flower store. Something in her makes him want to paint her but Dru is not only wary of men but has no interest in getting involved with men like him.

I found Dru an interesting character - did I like her or not? A beautiful, wealthy socialite from a political family has moved to St Chris to gain her independence from her over-protective and materialistic family and is very happy living her own private life in her lovely home just outside the town. I actually liked her a lot.

But Seth persuades her…in the most engaging and endearing manner…to give him a chance and even gets her to let him paint her!!! Talk about breaking down her resistance!!!!

I loved Seth’s intensity, his passion…in his work, in his relationship with Dru and his family- who have also all grown up…Audrey, his brother’s children. It’s one of the great things that NR does well…the love and passion of a family, their loyalty to each other….you can feel it in every page you turn in this story.
You get to see Cam, Ethan and Phillip, now in their late 40”s, with their wives and children. Things have definitely changed from the time of his boyhood. But in a good way. Except that Seth is unable to keep his feelings hidden from his brothers, who realize that there is something worrying him.

There is something that Seth is trying to deal with on his own, not wanting to endanger or hurt his family if they ever find out what he’s having to deal with. That being his despicable mother, Gloria is back in his life…not that she has ever been out of it!!!! No one could be more wicked as a mother as her. She’s been blackmailing him for years, demanding money and now, discovering that Seth is in love with Dru, is prepared to destroy their happiness.

Will the Quinn family ever overcome Gloria’s intrusion into their lives? And will Seth & Dru find their own HEA? So many obstacles but in the end, love always wins….[image error]

There’s such a strong bond of love and family in this series, the characters so real, the settings so vividly described and some great sparkling and witty dialogue.

A wonderful conclusion to one of my favorite NR family sagas.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chesapeake Blue.