Lis's Reviews > An Echo in Time: Atlantis

An Echo in Time by Traci Harding

Nov 06, 11

Read in November, 2011

This book was marginally better than the first. It had more action, and less of the ridiculous, grating 'old' speak. The characters were mildly more likable, but still rather irritating and transparently shallow.

The only reason I read this one was because I borrowed it from the library at the same time as the first. I would not have picked it up and chosen to read it, after the abysmal effort of the first book in this series.

I found the ignorant nature, and child-like moods of the main characters really annoying. The way that they acted and the choices they made I found confusing at best, teeth-grindingly painful at worst.

Tory seems to be perpetually confused between being a take-no-shit ass kicker, and a mother hen.
She brushes off a would be rape, but is blindingly quick to revert to hard violence at the slightest provocation.

The reoccurring theme throughout the book of 'everyone MUST get married and live happily ever after with their one true love' is quite offensive and sickening. Coupled with the 'orgy' scene (which tastelessly clashed with the PG rating of 85% of the rest of the book) was a clumsy excuse to make everyone mad at everyone else so that they could all make up and become happy again. Forced drama, yay!

All that said, it was easy to read and an ok way to pass spare time. But really, why waste your time when there are so many great books out there?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Echo in Time.