StorySeekers's Reviews > Social Suicide

Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday

Jul 15, 12

bookshelves: 01-to-06-2012, 2012-src
Read from May 13 to 28, 2012

This is the second book of the Deadly Cool series. I did like this book more than the first one but only by a little bit. I think it’s because how the characters are growing and the little romance going on.

You may continue reading but there are some spoilers.

I really need to find out where this high school and mark it on the map “Do Not Go Here” because man does this school have a lot of murders. In the last book, there were two murders and Hartley almost got murder as well. She was saved just in time though by Chase. After all that crazy, Hartley is offered a job on the school’s newspaper.

So, this is where are story continues. Hartley is currently working on a story about a girl who got caught cheating on a math test using nail polish. When she heads out to do an interview with the girl, Hartley finds Sydney facedown in the pool. The cops think it’s a suicide, but Hartley thinks there is more to it.

So we have another murder mystery on our hands. Of course, there is a long list of victims and yet again, I was surprised who the murderer was.

If you liked the characters in the first book, you will love them in this one. All these characters make Hartley more fun to read about. Her friend Sam helps Hartley with the cases and also some maybe-dates. Then there is of course, Chase, who brings out the cute, embarrassing side of Hart. I love seeing Chase and Hart together and the ending I was like finally. I can’t believe Chase waited that long to ask her out!

Just like the first, this book was full of great mystery and laughs. Again, if you like a light read full of fun, these books are for you.

-Ivy
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Social Suicide.