Michelle's Reviews > Cicada

Cicada by Belle Whittington

Nov 13, 11

bookshelves: kindle, blog-tour, review-on-blog
Read from November 05 to 10, 2011

This book was pretty different than what I have been reading lately. I read plenty of paranormal books, but I have not had that much experience in alien books. I have seen plenty of alien movies, but reading about aliens is just plain different. It is creepier to me for some reason. I got pretty spooked a few times while reading Cicada. And I really liked that about the book! Although it might have been all the bug talk that creeped me out more than the aliens, I'm not sure yet. Haha.

Cicada is really well written, and it kept my interest the whole time. And man, oh man does this book keep you on your toes! I was guessing right up until the end, and I'm still left with unanswered questions. I loved the mystery that is presented in Cicada. Or maybe I should say, semi-presented. It is more like a giant puzzle that everyone has to put together.

I did think it was a little strange that Blair didn't have a single friend her own age. She only knew her brother's friends. But it was a good group of friends, I must say. Everyone had different strengths and they all worked well together. However, everyone was so focused on the mystery that there was not much room left to develop any sort of romance. So when one happened, it just kind of appeared in the story. It was a little random. I would have preferred a little more lead up to the romance in Cicada, but I am thinking there will be more of that in the next book.

I enjoyed Cicada and I have to know what is going to happen with everything we uncovered in the first book. I am so excited to read the second book. It is going to epic! This is not some simple mystery. It is so much more involved than that, and the complexity of it is what I love! I can't wait to see how everything is going to come together. Plus, I still have a ton of questions I need answered.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cicada.

11/09/2011