Paul's Reviews > Beowulf

Beowulf by Unknown

Jan 20, 14

bookshelves: epic-poem, fantasy
Read in January, 2011

This was an okay story. I guess. It was kind of enjoyable and not as hard to read as I thought it would be. I'd probably hate it if I'd had to read it for a class or something and had to analyze all the symbolism and all but I didn't.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beowulf.

message 1: by Claire (new)

Claire Dude! What's wrong with Wall-e?

Paul Claire wrote: "Dude! What's wrong with Wall-e?

And if you want to review and movie not on imdb, you can try seenth.at. It's like goodreads for movies."

I said after my rant that I didn't want to write a movie review and I meant I didn't want to write one on IMDB or otherwise. I just wanted to write about how the movie adds to the poem, that's all.

And there are many reasons why I hate Wall-e. There's the environmental message (if I wanted one, I'd just watch The Inconvenient Truth), the use of no dialogue in the first half hour (so pretentious), the jokes that weren't even funny, and just the whole premise, which was not quite credible. You'd think that in the future humans would genetically engineer plants that could grow in such bad environments.

Paul Oh yeah, and the bad love story. If it is one. Not saying robots can't love each other but they should only do so if they are human-like, like in Blade Runner, which everyone knows is the best movie ever.

Paul Update: Took out all the stuff about Wall-e. I guess it was a bit harsh and out of place.