Alex is The Romance Fox's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: favorites-books, authors-i-o, romance, series, vampire-shapeshifters
Read in September, 2011, read count: 20

With the excitement building up to the opening of the movie, Breaking Dawn,the next in the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer, I grabbed all 4 books in my bookshelf and read them all over again....for the 20th time...no kidding.....I AM ADDICTED TO THESE BOOKS......I am one of those die hard fans....and I loved them as much as I did when I read them for the first time.
This is how it all began............
After reading and liking Anne Rice’s The Vampire Chronicles ie Interview with a Vampire, Lestat and Queen of the Dammed I became a bit bored with the whole vampire thing. In November 2008, I saw the Twilight books displayed at my local bookshop and knowing my sister loved vampire novels, decided to buy them as a present for her. I knew nothing about the books or the author but loved the covers and the titles so I thought she would enjoy them.
I had been diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks before and in early Jan 2009, my sister Del (who I had given the books to) suggested we go and see the movie Twilight to cheer me up.
Wow….my life changed that night!!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE MOVIE. I fell in love with Edward and Bella before I left the cinema!!!! I woke up the next morning and just HAD TO ask her to lend me the books and it began then…..my fascination, my obsession some may call it, my love for all things TWILIGHT. Yes, I know the books are target to the young readers market but this did not detract my love for the 4 books and movies. The fact that the books are written in first person from Bella’s perspective stopped me – I usually do not like first person books.
From the moment I read the first page of the book Twilight, I became obviously to my surroundings and lost myself in the world of fantasy, intrigue, undying love, mystery, friendship, yearning, sacrifice and courage. I found Bella and Edward’s love for each other so touching and was amazed how the author portrays the sensual story of the two without the usual sex, violence, drinking and bad language that is the norm in this genre of books. She shows passion without having to get two people naked and sweaty.
Some of the dialogue is pure magic – the opening “Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved.”, “so the lion fell in love with the lamb”, “That’s Edward. He’s gorgeous, of course, but don’t waste your time. He doesn’t date. Apparently none of the girls here are good-looking enough for him”. I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly”. What if I am not the superhero? What if I am the bad guy?”
I read this book in one go and started NEW MOON immediately

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.