Jess's Reviews > The Last Boyfriend

The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts

May 15, 12

bookshelves: 2012, nora-roberts
Read from May 05 to 10, 2012

I'm feeling a little iffy about this book. It didn't pull me in quite the same way as the first book did and I think that's because I was sort of apathetic to the main characters of Avery and Owen. They were just kind of there and I didn't find myself caring that much what happened to them. I think what really drove this point home to me was that I was more interested in Hope and Ryder and their brief interactions and getting more info on how Clare and Beckett were going with their relationship then the main story. I mean, there was nothing terrible that I can particularly point out and say "This is what bothers me" but there also isn't a pivotal moment that I found myself smiling or sighing over. It was just all "meh" My new favorite word for a so/so book.

Brief story synopsis: Avery works in her own restaurant called Vesta which is directly across the street from the Inn that is being opened by the Montgomery brothers. Owen is the detail man of the brother triad and he is busily planning away for the opening of the inn. He also has one eye watching Avery run around her place. Owen likes using Avery's place for his business phone calls and makeshift office, but what he doesn't admit to himself is why he really likes being over there. When the ghost of Inn Boonsboro literally pushes the two together, they aren't very surprised by the sparks that fly between them and it doesn't take much of a leap to figure that they might be good for one another. Owen the planner and thinker decides he needs a little time to think about what to do with Avery, while Avery has her own plans whirring in her mind about opening up a second restaurant. The two deal with some ups and downs and try to see if they are ready to fight for one another.

Anyway, very much interested in reading about Hope and Ryder and I think that their book is going to be loads better than this one. Mostly because of Ryder and his alpha male attitude. Hope is also going to be feisty and that combination of feisty female and arrogant male can only lead to great things.
25 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Boyfriend.

message 1: by Meg (new) - rated it 2 stars

Meg I felt exactly the same way!

Jess Yeah it was a little disappointing. But I have high hopes for the next one :)

Andrea O'keefe I too was disappointed. No real plot. No suspense. Hope the next one has something with more teeth to it.

Jess Andrea wrote: "I too was disappointed. No real plot. No suspense. Hope the next one has something with more teeth to it."

I liked the next one a lot more, but others had different opinions. I hope you enjoy it like I did!

Carol/Bonadie I couldn't agree with you more. Am looking forward to Hope and Ryder's story.