Annmarie 's Reviews > Gabriel's Inferno

Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: my-reviews, loved-these
Read from November 27, 2011 to January 01, 2012

Amazing story. I loved every chapter, the entire story flowed to a wonderful finish. The story took me completely by surprise as I only recently discovered Gabriel was the published version of TUOED. I never read the fanfic version so the entire story was brand new to me.

The romance of Gabriel and Julianne tugged at my heart with every word, touch, argument, and misunderstanding. Dark and light. The healing of their troubled souls was so beautifully written that I was completely enveloped in their world.

SR's introduction and incorporation of Dante's Divine Comedy was genius and gave an even richer feeling and texture to the characters. So much so that I now must re-read Divine Comedy as it has been many many years since reading it in college initially.

This is a must read for anyone who loves "love" and the struggle to overcome hurt and repentance.

I am even more pleased to know SR will continue the story of Gabriel and Julianne. I am not ready to give them up yet!

Fabulous story SR!! I see your tweets all the time and your kindness always shines though, just as it did in this wonderful story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gabriel's Inferno.

Quotes Annmarie Liked

“Sometimes goodness doesn't tell everything it knows. Sometimes goodness waits for the appropriate time and does the best it can with what it has.”
Sylvain Reynard, Gabriel's Inferno

11/30/2011
15.0% "Ooh...the professor...so far so good. Really liking him a lot!" 1 comment
01/07/2012
45.0% "Just started chap 15. Haven't been this addicted in a long time wanting to find out what happens next!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvain (new) - added it

Sylvain Reynard Hello Credoroza,
I hope that you enjoy the story and that the Professor provides good company during your flight.
Safe travels and thanks for reading,

message 2: by Sylvain (new) - added it

Sylvain Reynard Thanks so much for taking the time to read and to pen a review.
I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

You'll enjoy "The Divine Comedy." And I also recommend "La Vita Nuova," which includes the story of Dante and Beatrice and the poems he wrote for her.

All the best and Happy New Year,
SR

Annmarie There are many translations. Who do you prefer for both books?

message 4: by Sylvain (new) - added it

Sylvain Reynard For the Comedy, I recommend Dorothy L. Sayers. For La Vita Nuova, there's an English translation posted online that you can read by AS Kline: http://www.poetryintranslation.com/PI...

There are also several Dante sites hosted by universities that provide online guides and images.

Hope this helps.
All the best,
SR

Annmarie Thank you so much!