Sam's Reviews > Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling

Mar 09, 12

bookshelves: library-books, non-fiction
Read from March 08 to 09, 2012

3.5 -- I quite enjoyed this book. I was having such a crummy day (it's usually a craptastic day if I get stuck at the hospital), but this book kept me smiling as I read on. Mindy's voice is very honest, a bit cheeky, and she openly admits to her laundry list of flaws (yet still believes how fabulous she is!). My only complaint with this novel is her logic that size eight means OMGYOURFAT. Maybe it's just not something I understand, but it did get a bit grating every time it came up. Otherwise, Mindy's fantasies are silly, hilarious, and very adorable. I couldn't entirely relate to Mindy on a whole and in some ways I felt a slight disconnect at times, and I definitely enjoyed her lists more than I did a lot of her personal anecdotes. What can I say? Her wanting to reboot Ghostbuster made me laugh!

Sometimes you need a book to pit a smile on your face when things seem crappy, and this one worked most of its magic on me. Recommended for those looking for a nice light read with sass and personality.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?.

03/09/2012 page 176