Savannah (Books With Bite)'s Reviews > Eternal Starling

Eternal Starling by Angela Corbett

Nov 08, 11

Read from November 05 to 07, 2011

I loved that this book had so much to do with fighting for the soul. I love that there is great back round history to all three characters and that there is so much for the reader to take in.

One thing that grabbed me about the story are the characters. I loved that the main characters Evie is out of the loop about things. She may have a past, but she doesn't remember. Ms. Corbett did a great job on giving the pieces to the reader little by little. I like that not all information was dumped on the reader, but paced perfectly.

Now, I admit, I love the love triangle. Masochist, I know. What I really like about it, is the fact that it is one messy ball of drama. It's not overly done drama either, but just enough to keep me on my toes about the two hotties, Emil and Alex. Both characters had an extreme passion for Evie. Both of their history for hers are beautiful to see but only one stood out for me. (FYI: I'm Team Alex!)

If you want a book with a secret society and two hotties fighting for the one they love, read this book. Right from the start, the reader is captured in this world of lost loves and fighting against darkness. A brilliant and wonderful debut, Eternal Starling is the beginning of a great series to come!
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Starling.

11/06/2011 page 119