Kaitlyn's Reviews > A Short History of RENAISSANCE and REFORMATION Europe: Dances Over Fire and Water

A Short History of RENAISSANCE and REFORMATION Europe by Jonathan W Zophy

Dec 19, 11

bookshelves: for-school
Read from August 28 to December 15, 2011

This was the "textbook" used in a history class on the Renaissance and Reformation I just took; however, it isn't a very big book, so I have a hard time calling it a "textbook." Zophy wrote a good book-- the chapters are logically divided, so it's easy to read the history of the time period all the way through, or just find one area to read up on if that's what you need. He provides detail on many different people, locations, events, etc. of the time period in a way that makes me think of encyclopedia entries-- so it's really easy to find info and then digest it. His writing style is great too-- it's easy to read and comprehend, to-the-point, with the perfect amount of information for a quick overview and is interesting too. It's a great little read.

He also includes convenient bibliographies at the end of each chapter. So if you want to get a introduction to a topic, you can read up on it in his book, and then flip to the end of the chapter to see if there's other sources mentioned on the topic, and then do further reading on it. Very helpful!

This would make a great reference book to keep on hand too!

Zophy did a good job with this book! I wish he wrote on the "textbooks" for all my classes! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Short History of RENAISSANCE and REFORMATION Europe.

12/09/2011 page 261