Kelli Lee's Reviews > Ashfall

Jun 14, 12

bookshelves: peri-apocalyptic, young-adult, adventurous-quests
Read from June 13 to 14, 2012

4.5
This book evoked such outrage on my part as far as how humans treat animals, mammoth meat consumption, that the more I read the angrier I became. So I need to take a step back and decompress before writing down my thoughts on this novel. And really, actually, the more I think about it, the fact that scurvy was prevalent, animals slaughtered left and right and when they're not being treated as soulless creatures, they're dying from lung failure, so they are practically extinct, and the only thing left will mostly likely be kale and GMO corn. Kale rocks. So maybe that's what the author was trying to get across. Who knows. Okay, my thoughts coming on this soon. All in all, I devoured this book. It was mostly awesome. I loved just about every second of it. Emphasis on just.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashfall.

6.0% ""There are no atheists in foxholes, kid."" 4 comments
06/13/2012
16.0% "I am seriously loving this book! What in the hell took me so long to read it?"
06/13/2012
16.0% "Starving kids + a boy with backpack in tow stocked with food = mega trouble. Leave right now, run for your life, Alex!"
06/13/2012
18.0% ""Pray with me now, pray with me, brothers and sisters, for Jesus to carry us up to sit at His right hand."
"So this is how you're leaving?" I asked Laura
"Yes, Jesus is going to carry us to his home," Mrs. Johnston responded.
"So, if you're going to get carried up to heaven, can i have your stuff?" Spork said. He reached for Mrs. Johnston's purse and flipped up the flap. "Got Anything good?""
06/14/2012
48.0% "Blowing through this book lickety-split because it's just that good."
06/14/2012
72.0% "The animal slaughterings and them being written/referred to as basically soulless creatures who are merely food is beginning to grow tiresome. It went from me overlooking those overly detailed sections to getting downright annoyed and angered. Enough already. And the camp? Really? A tad far fetched perhaps?" 2 comments
show 1 hidden update…