Karla's Reviews > One Night Rodeo

One Night Rodeo by Lorelei James

5 Plus-Big Buckin’ Stars!! One Night Rodeo comes out of the gate fast and will take you on a ride you won’t soon forget!! This is Lorelei James at her best! Hot cowboy lovin’ and a story that will make you melt!

Woohoo…this was a good one! I loved everything about this book! Kyle and Cele were made for each other. They were two halves of a whole, so in tune with one another, of the same mind, one heart, one soul, they were meant to be together!! Kyle is raunchy, sexy, sensitive, protective, sweet as sin, and HOT DAMN that boy was insatiable! RAWRRRRR!! Cele is a strong woman, not afraid to get her hands dirty, but thoughtful and caring when necessary. She has found herself married to a man that could handle her and meet her every need and desire. Ride ‘em cowgirl…and boy did she ever…Kyle knew how to show her a good time…Hell Yeah!! It was down and dirty, passionate sexy fun…Wyoming style!!

Kyle and Cele just wanted to make each other happy, and the love they had for each other leapt right off the pages. You could tell they were in for the long haul, and although a few hurdles came their way, they were committed, and it was beautiful to read about. There were so many tender, loving moments between these two, the book was hot, but it was also one of the sweetest stories I’ve ever read. A friendship that turned into the love of a lifetime! The support that they had from their friends and family was awe-inspiring!

I would have enjoyed an epilogue, but as long as we get a glimpse of Kyle and Cele in future books, and I’m sure we will, I’m happy with that. It was fun seeing all the couples that came before show their faces in this book, they were entwined into the story very nicely. I certainly hopes LLJ keeps this series going, because Devin, Tanna, Fletch and that hottie Tobin, all need their stories to be told. I would love to see Devin and Tanna together!

This ranks among my top LLJ reads, right next to Chasin Eight and All Jacked Up, and I can’t recommend this book enough! LLJ's writing...SHINES!

photo Onenightrodeo.jpg

This is the absolute BEST version of this song, Stand By Me sung by Mickey Gilley off the Urban Cowboy soundtrack. I like to think of it as Kyle and Cele’s song!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Night Rodeo.

Elizabeth (Liz) Great review, Karla!!

Vicki Excellent review Karla, I just started this one! :)

Kellie G. Fantastic review Karla! I'm so glad you loved this book too!

message 4: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen I'm very excited for this book. Fantastic review, Karla.

Jessica Great review, Karla! I will definitely be starting this series soon! :)

Karla (¯`·..·♥Anna♥·..·´¯) wrote: "Great review! I have this series in my to-read list! Hopefully I'll get to this book soon :)
Btw the pic is very sexy! Yeehaa! Rraawwrr lol"

Thanks Anna! I have no doubt you will love this series. The first book was okay, and then they just got better and better!

Karla Elizabeth wrote: "Great review, Karla!!"

Thanks Elizabeth!

Karla Vicki wrote: "Excellent review Karla, I just started this one! :)"

Thanks Vicki! You are in for a real treat girl!

Karla Kellie wrote: "Fantastic review Karla! I'm so glad you loved this book too!"

Thanks Kellie, this is one of the best LLJ has written!

Karla Kristen wrote: "I'm very excited for this book. Fantastic review, Karla."

Thank you Kristen! Nothing like cowboy lovin'!

Karla Jessica wrote: "Great review, Karla! I will definitely be starting this series soon! :)"

It's definitely not one to be missed Jessica! Enjoy and thanks!

message 12: by Wendy (last edited Aug 19, 2012 09:18PM) (new) - added it

Wendy Awesome review Karla! I need to get back onto this series. Sounds great! Especially when there's growling involved. :)

Karla Wendy wrote: "Awesome review Karla! I need to get back onto this series. Sounds great! Especially when there's growling involved. :)"

Thank you Wendy! There is lots of growling, lots of it!!
Kyle is one sweet, scrumptious, hottie!

Kathleen FANTASTIC review Karla

Karla Kathleen wrote: "FANTASTIC review Karla"

Thanks Kathleen, I'm glad you're enjoying it too!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Great review, Karla, and beautiful pic!

message 17: by ~ Becs ~ (new)

~ Becs ~ Great review Karla - drooling over that pic x

Monique ~ Sinfully Love the review Karla....but I WANT the Cowboy, I too want to RAWRRRRR, Oh my God, must be the hormones!!

Karla Baba wrote: "Great review, Karla, and beautiful pic!"

Thank you Baba! He's a beautiful man.

Karla Becs wrote: "Great review Karla - drooling over that pic x"

Thanks Becs...drooling is allowed!

Karla Monique wrote: "Love the review Karla....but I WANT the Cowboy, I too want to RAWRRRRR, Oh my God, must be the hormones!!"

Hehe! I RAWRRRRRRRed alot in this book! Thanks Monique.

Bettina (a.k.a. Betty) Great review... Bought the book and I will be reading it next!

Karla Bettina wrote: "Great review... Bought the book and I will be reading it next!"

You are going to love it Bettina!

Bettina (a.k.a. Betty) I hope so, I've been reading so many m/m books lately.

Karla Bettina wrote: "I hope so, I've been reading so many m/m books lately."

LOL! Now I'm swinging back over that way! Not to worry, great chemistry here and lots-o-steam...sssssss!!

Bettina (a.k.a. Betty) Yummy...my kind of book ;>

message 27: by Kimberly (new) - added it

Kimberly Graham Oh Karla, you're gonna make me add another book to my "to-read" list. Love your review, can't wait to read it!!

KindleRomance Reviews Amazing review Karla!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty special too.

Karla Kimberly wrote: "Oh Karla, you're gonna make me add another book to my "to-read" list. Love your review, can't wait to read it!!"

Thanks Kim, and yes you need to add this series and LLJ's Rough Riders series the your to-read list!! Cowboys...swoon!

Karla Kris (KindleRomance) wrote: "Amazing review Karla!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty special too."

Thanks Kris! LLJ did a great job with this book, hot and great romance!

Splage Great review Karla! I love Lorelei James and I read all of her books immediately when they come out and what I loved about this one is exactly what you said "it was the sweetest love story" not something you always see with LLJ. I think of her love stories as intensely hot and many times raunchy, but so good. I like the "sweet" aspect she showed with Cele and Kyle.

Also loved your line A friendship that turned into the love of a lifetime!(big sigh) Great book!

Karla Splage wrote: "Great review Karla! I love Lorelei James and I read all of her books immediately when they come out and what I loved about this one is exactly what you said "it was the sweetest love story" not so..."

Thanks Splage! This was a special book, and I actually went back and read it again...it was that good!! One of my top reads this year!

message 33: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Great review Karla.....Good to see that this series is getting better, especially as the first one was such a disappointment!

Karla Dee wrote: "Great review Karla.....Good to see that this series is getting better, especially as the first one was such a disappointment!"

Thanks Dee! It's definitely improved as the series moved forward, this one is fantastic!

Nicole-Pattypattz1 Great review Karla! Can't wait to read this one.

Karla Nicole-Pattypattz1 wrote: "Great review Karla! Can't wait to read this one."

Thanks Nicole, it's a good one!

Nicole-Pattypattz1 Karla wrote: "Nicole-Pattypattz1 wrote: "Great review Karla! Can't wait to read this one."

Thanks Nicole, it's a good one!"

You can't go wrong with LJ's stuff and her Cowboys are so HAWT!

message 38: by Sonia ღ (new)

Sonia ღ Awesome review, Karla! :)

Karla Sonia ღ wrote: "Awesome review, Karla! :)"

Thank you Sonia, it's an awesome book!

message 40: by Wendy S. (new) - added it

Wendy S. Marcus Will have to check it out!

Karla Wendy S. Marcus wrote: "Will have to check it out!"

It's a great series. The first book was okay, enjoyable, but after that...wow! I just got approved for book 5...YAY!

message 42: by Dd (new)

Dd Amazing review Karla!!:))

Karla Dd wrote: "Amazing review Karla!!:))"

Thank you Dd!

StellaR Fab review Karla, I love this book so much! :)

Karla StellaR wrote: "Fab review Karla, I love this book so much! :)"

Thank you Stella! It's my fave in the series!

message 46: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Awesome review, Karla!

message 47: by Pixie (new) - added it

Pixie Haha great review! Really enjoyed this and will be pushing it into the TBR list :)

Karla Pixie wrote: "Haha great review! Really enjoyed this and will be pushing it into the TBR list :)"

Thanks Pixie. It's a wonderful read in a great series!