Rogier's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by Phillip W. Simpson

Dec 13, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, apocalyptic, demons, favorite
Read on December 07, 2011

My thoughts

Cover: Love the flames and background. That’s how I imagined Samael. He looks fierce and concentrated. Don't mess with him ,lol.Is it just me but those red eyes are blazingly hawt.

Book: I saw a book ad on a blog I frequently visit. I immediately added it to my wishlist on goodreads [reshelved it and book 2 is currently on my wishlist] The author asked me to review’’ Rapture’’. My reply was yes, yes yea. Lol. When it finally arrived from New Zealand. I read in two days flat. Monday and was done the next day amidst my midterms. Not a smart thing I know. But I could not put it down

The rapture has happened, the tribulation has begun. And we meet Sam, short for Samael, our leading male and taken in , adopted at a early age. He is a half-demon ,18 years old, alabaster skin and living in the mids of a devoted catholic Japanese sensei and daughter,Aimi [Hikari’s daughter]

You immediately start to feel affection towards Sam and to care for him and taste his sorrow and loneliness at times. His family is gone, gone with the rapture and he is left behind to defend the innocence left behind. And those who need to protected are cautious of him.Honestly I would be to ,he is a half demon but still one for Pete’s sake

In Ya parental figures are almost not in the picture. But in the moments that Hikari is there is a model father figure. A REAL parent.

Love appearsin Rapture,between friends,parental love and little bits and pieces of romantic love between him and Aimi. But the latter is not the main plot in the book. I like that however maybe in book 2.

Every chapter begins with a bible verse.It looks somewhat religious but not preachy at the same time.The use of bible verses is new to me.It is told in 3th person perspective and told in time slots, before the rapture, after it and the present. And it’s not jarring at all or confusing. It all fits perfectly. I read it at free periods, while doing a doo doo on the toilet, yes even there basically everywhere I could. Not the bathroom, ha ha.

Not a single scene felt like a drag or filler. WOW, the fighting scenes felt fresh and not repetitive at all. The monsters are… you guessed it's demons. I’m no expert but I lke to add Phil did his research. The plot twist, the betrayal , I honestly did not think that person who’d be the betrayer . The bad guy was a Baddie, lol.

I encourage everyone to get this one and read it. He all you’re in luck a blogging comrade has got Phil for a interview and giveaway on her blog Realm of fiction

Eagerly awaiting book two called Tribulation of the trilogy and wishing Phil all the best with his family, baby son and his writing goals

Thanks Philip for this review copy and this is 100 % honest review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

12/07/2011 page 172
57.0% "this what h... should look like no alexandra adoretto crap"
12/07/2011 page 172
57.0% "awww my goodness, plot twist/ lookng 4ward to book2 review soon"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber J. (new) - added it

Amber J. this isn't a copycat of The Devil's Advocate is it?
other than that it sounds interesting

Rogier Amber J. wrote: "this isn't a copycat of The Devil's Advocate is it?
other than that it sounds interesting"

nevr heard of that b4