Melissa's Reviews > Home Front

Home Front by Kristin Hannah

Nov 20, 11

Read from November 14 to 20, 2011

Home Front by Kristin Hannah is one of the best books I have had the pleasure of reading and experiencing. This story is one that is so current to our times, about soldiers - men and women, leaving family, friends, career behind to serve our country with a selflessness that makes me proud and honored to have once served in our military as well.

Kristin Hannah has crafted a story so well told, so deep with characters that become just as familiar as if they were family. You will find yourself weeping as you can almost feel their pain page after page.

This book will be released in January 2012, I was honored to have been given an Advanced Reader's Copy through Goodreads.com for my review. As an anticipated book by Kristin's fans, they will not be disappointed in the least. I refuse to delve into the story and give away any "spoiler". This book is just too wonderful to take that aspect away from future readers.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home Front.

11/20/2011 page 288

Gloria Bernal I feel exactly the same way, Melissa. Just overwhelmed by it and will finish it tonight. I was fortunate to get an advance copy from Amazon for my review.

Julia Hi Melissa - Thanks for your review. I LOVED this book and was emotionally wrecked when I finished. I have always been a supporter of our service men and women and I understand the sacrafices they make in the military, but for some reason never really thought about the home coming after their tours are up. I see that you state you also served so I wanted to ask in your opinion how realistic was the author in writing about Jolenes experience on the front and in returning home. I also want to say thank you so very much for your service to our country.