Suzanne's Reviews > Pigtopia

Pigtopia by Kitty Fitzgerald

Nov 10, 11

Read from November 04 to 10, 2011

I have had this on my shelf for years, and put it in my bag to read between bouts of NaNoWriMo writing, thinking- light, funny, somewhat juvenile. That will teach me to judge a book by its cover. I was unprepared for this twisted fairy tale about a deformed pig/man and the neighborhood teenager he entices into his Pig Palace, while his demented, crippled mother rants upstairs. At one point I actually put this book down, and said- Oh my god! Fortunately, I like dark, even though I fear this put a little different spin on some of my writing project. This book is Room meets Beauty and the Beast, and is not for children!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pigtopia.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Roz (new)

Roz Pigman?? That ranks up with circus fare!! I'm doing NaNoWriMo too but I have major catching up to do over the next couple of weeks.

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin Love that description: Room Meets Beauty and the Beast. Might have to add this to my to-read list. Also doing NaNo and behind on my word count. Trying to read Fangland but not getting very far. Roz and Suzanne - there's a NaNo write in a B&N at the Brookfield mall that I'm hosting on Monday, 11/14, from 6-9, second floor event space. Come if you can!

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan I am SO doing NaNo next year.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin Never too late for this year! Another write in in Waukesha County on Saturday that I'm hosting: 10-1 at the Mukwonago Library. Hoping to have one in Muskego the last weekend of the month - stay tuned, fellow writers.