Amy's Reviews > The Magical Adventures of Pretty Pearl

F 50x66
Nov 04, 11

bookshelves: children-s-literature
Read in September, 2011

"The Magical Adventures of Pretty Pearl" is a fantasy book and was also a pick for an audio book. There were so many pages that this was going to be the audio, I also read along with the audio as it played. This book was published in 1986 and is intended for children the age group of I. This book is about a seagul that is curios about mankind and what there is to offer with them. She lives in africa and the day that she wants to explore mankind is when she sails right down onto a slave ship from america. Many different dificulties happen to pretty pearl in this book. She has problems adjusting to specific things. This book won the Coretta Scott King Honor Award.

I gave this book a rating of 5 stars. It was not my cup of tea but there are various things that caught my eye in this book. The plot was very unique. I love when the book keeps you hanging onto the edge of your chair thoughout the whole book as this story did. There was not any illustrations beside the cover, and you then can guess, it will be about seaguls. The language in the book was well written for intermediate children.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magical Adventures of Pretty Pearl.